This is my go to dish for any occasion. It comes together in less than 20 minutes and is a true crowd pleaser.
– 1 lb. linguini
– 4 tablespoons butter
– 2 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup diced sweet onion
– 2 red peppers, diced
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
– 1 cup white wine
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
– 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic, shrimp, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in pasta, lemon zest and parsley.
4. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.