– 1 stick of butter
– 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
– 1 cup white wine
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 3 dozen little neck clams, rinsed and scrubbed
– 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
– Wedges from 1 lemon for garnish, if desired
1. In a large skillet (that has a lid), melt 2 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
2. Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
3. Add clams and remaining butter. Cover and steam until clams have opened (about 7-8 minutes). Occasionally shake skillet while steaming.
4. Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle evenly with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
5. **** Serve with a french baguette or over a bed of cooked pasta